Tuesday, April 23, 2019

I mean, the other thing is,

not much happens here because I don't go out due to not having money, not being able to eat, having to cook & clean, and now my Saturday classes. So there's never too much really to report.

I guess one little nugget is my friend Jess, whom I adore, is a bit off her rocker. She takes EVERYTHING super personally. At wine night, she felt like the Canadians mocking America were mocking her. Then there's a girl, one girl, who was a bitch to her. So Jess got up in the middle of wine night & just left, without saying a word. She left the chat & everything. Later she said it's just the one girl she doesn't like. 1 girl out of like 20. Really, she needed to leave the group for that? Well she felt like she did. Jess had also created a meme chat, which only me & a few others she knows well are in, definitely not the offending girl nor most of wine chat, but she quit that chat too. I've talked her out of doing this before when she took people not replying to her message in the wine chat right away on a Friday afternoon badly, but at this point, I don't feel like trying to reason with her. & I think the wine chat girls are done with her drama. So I just see her on her own or with a girl we met who moved down to where I live.

In February, as you know, mom came to visit! It was great to see her. though it was then that I learned she's been totally & completely brainwashed by Fox News. Everything from Brett Kavanaugh to the concept of privilege she is adamantly on the side of Trump & Trump supporters. As much as I love him, I blame Neil. Well at least we both agree the BBC is reliable.

I'm glad she got to meet most of my friends, & we did end up staying at a jimjilbang the night before the tour of the DMZ (I stayed on the bus & napped). I do wish she'd listened to me when I said we should go to some places where I can't eat so she could try a lot more stuff. She said she doesn't really eat rice, so that eliminated a lot of things, especially bibimbap, which seriously everyone should try. While she had no love for my blood sausage soup, the other soups she tried she loved. After she got back, she wanted to try to make one of the soups she had, & asked the names of them in case there was a place in Chicago that served them.

So, I mean, that's all I can think of for now. I spilled something on my computer so now several keys don't work, so I need a new keyboard to use until I can get home & upgrade the computer (though won't do that if I haven't found a job to do).

So really, you can consider yourself all caught up. Hurray hurrah hurray.

No comments:

Post a Comment